Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A short love letter

Dear Prague,

I think I'm falling in love with you. It's not quite the deep, abiding love I have for Tulsa, with its memories and lifelong friends and knowing exactly what to do on a Friday night (and non-internet streaming American Idol), but it's love nonetheless. Thank you for your beauty and history. Some of the places you have are so astonishing, they get me all emotional. Petřin Hill is beyond me. In the dead of winter there's bright green grass and evergreen tress and lovely old buildings to explore. Not to mention some of the greatest views of the city, and an escape from the noise.

I love the way you're so diverse. I realize now how foreigners might feel in America. Thank you for being so English-friendly. I'm so glad that I can grocery shop and get around the city without crying with frustration. I have to admit though, Czech is a beautiful language. It's definitely growing on me.

Lastly, thank you for the way you bring people together. I'm already a big fan of my roommates and the other students I've met. Thanks for still being a place for more adventurous (Rilo Kiley reference, sorry) students instead of just the rabble that want to study abroad to get wasted and hit on foreign boys and girls.

You are wonderful. You'll always hold a special place in my heart.

Love, Karlena

1 comment:

  1. Dear Prague,

    GET YOUR HANDS OFFA MY WOMAN. She has to come back to me at some point. But thanks for being nice. Tell Vienna I said hi.

    Love,
    Rajangajangas

    ReplyDelete